Accidental barn fire leaves $68K in damages - | WBTV Charlotte

Accidental barn fire leaves $68K in damages

(John Sparks/WBTV) (John Sparks/WBTV)
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A lawn mower parked close to a trash can caused a barn fire in southeast Charlotte Saturday, according to the Charlotte Fire Department. 

The Charlotte Fire Department said the fire started in a barn in the 1300 block of Sardis Road North around 6:49 p.m.

Firefighters said all the animals inside the barn were removed safely.

No one was injured in the fire. 

The Charlotte Fire Department tweeted that the fire caused $68,000 in damages. 

PREVIOUS: No animals injured when barn catches fire in Charlotte

The fire was under control in 10 minutes, crews said. Charlotte Fire said 23 firefighters responded to the incident. 

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly