CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Chef Glenn Lyman shares his recipe for shrimp on the grill... This recipe is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any summer meal.
Tequila-Lime Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
- ¼ cup, plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup tequila
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh pineapple wedges
Combine ¼ cup oil and next six ingredients in 6-Cup Storage Container to make the marinade. Toss shrimp with the marinade, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Remove shrimp and drain, discarding remaining marinade. Thread shrimp and pineapple onto Sliding Skewers. Grill over medium-high heat, 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are just opaque. Serve on Rectangular Tray. Serves 4-8 as an appetizer.
- 2 oz. tequila
- ½ ear corn, grilled and kernels cut from the cob
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 limes, juiced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup white onions, diced
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed, minced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients except chips in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Serve with chips. Makes about 3 cups of salsa.