Chef Jill Aker-Ray shares her recipe for Chicken Corden Bleu on National Chicken Corden Bleu day!
This meal takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake. Enjoy!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4-1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness covering with plastic wrap while pounding
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast.
- Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Whisk wine and mustard together and pour around chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Set chicken aside while you whisk 1 TBSP of bitter into remaining pan juices.
- Remove toothpicks, spoon space over and serve immediately.