- 2 T. Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup tap water
- 1 each Whole Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt
- 2/3 cup Seasoned Salt
- 1 T. Black Pepper
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 225° F.
- Pour the liquid smoke, and water into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place a roasting rack into the pan.
- Rub the entire exterior of the shoulder with the seasonings.
- Place the seasoned shoulder onto the rack, fat side up, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Place the covered pan into the hot oven, and roast for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully. The meat should be very tender, and between 190 - 200°F.
- Remove the meat from the pan and break it into five or six pieces using tongs.
- Allow the meat to cool for 15 – 30 minutes until it is cool enough to touch.
- Break the meat into 1” by 2” chunks, remove any undesirable fat or gristle, and place the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in the sauce with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the sauced meat into 2” deep x 9” wide x 13” long (cake or aluminum) pans and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
- Serve and enjoy.