CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - This recipe was prepared live on Morning Break and features a great party treat from 'Mom Murphy's Treasured Recipes'. Author Frances Murphy is a 92-year-old Winston-Salem woman who recently fulfilled her dream of publishing a cookbook.
Mom Murphy's Fried Ham Cubes (From 'Mom Murphy's Treasured Recipes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ lb boneless, fully cooked ham, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese and parsley. Dip ham cubes in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a skillet, heat ¼ inch of oil to 375 degrees. Fry ham cubes, a few at a time, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
While her goal was to simply make a keepsake to give to her family as Christmas presents, to date, Mrs. Murphy has sold more than 600 copies of her book on Amazon. For a link to purchase a copy of the book click here.