Presented by Chef Tony Rosenfeld, b.good
3 Greens Smoothie
The mint and pineapple give this smoothie a bright, fresh flavor that’s perfect for Spring.
2 cups almond milk
2 cups frozen pineapple
2 cups baby spinach
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
3 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. hemp seeds
1 1/2 cups ice
Juice of ¼ lime
1. Measure out each of the ingredients and add to a blender.
2. Blend until completely smooth, then pour into 2 cups and serve.
Yields 2 smoothies
This burger is named after Elizel Perreira, one of b.good’s original grill cooks and a great, creative culinary mind.
For the aioli
1 cup mayonnaise
2 jarred roasted red peppers
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the burgers
1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
1 red onion, cut in 1/4-inch disks
1 Tbs. olive oil
Four 5-oz beef patties (preferably 85/15)
4 multigrain buns, toasted
4 slices sharp cheddar
1. Prepare a medium charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium-high.
2. Make the aioli: add the mayonnaise, peppers, thyme, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Set the asparagus and onion on a large plate, drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the asparagus and onions, flipping every couple of minutes, until each is browned and tender, about 5 minutes for the asparagus and 8 minutes for the red onions. Set on a large platter to cool.
4. Set the beef patties on the grill, sprinkle generously with salt, and cook, undisturbed, until the burgers brown around the edges and easily release when you lift up an edge, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until the burger is done to your liking, about 3 more minutes for medium.
5. Assemble the burgers: Set the patties on the buns, top with the cheese, asparagus, and onions. Drizzle with the aioli and serve.