CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Robert Adler of Ernie's Smokehouse BBQ visited Morning Break Monday to share how he makes stuffed Snapper.
Here's his recipe for Whole mojo stuffed fish:
- Buy your favorite fish. I like fish like snapper or trout for this recipe. They're lighter fish and are great grilled. Get the fish scaled and cleaned but with the head and tail on.
- Six hours before, cut two slits on the top and bottom of the fish and marinate in mojo.
- Char mini peppers and make yellow Spanish rice per directions. Rub top and bottom with toasted sesame oil and place a few lemon slices on top and bottom, stuff inside with rice and peppers and tie up with string.
- Heat grill to 450 degrees. (This is best done on charcoal or wood but it'll still be great on a gas grill. I recommend using a smoker box with apple, cherry or orange wood and soak the chips in some inexpensive white wine.
- Rub oil onto the grill and again on the fish before placing on the grill.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes and flip making sure to oil the grate before flipping. You can also sprinkle a little wine on the fish while it's cooking.
- After another 5-7 minutes the fish is done.
- Serve immediately.