Employee treated after fire breaks out at popular Birkdale Villa - | WBTV Charlotte

Employee treated after fire breaks out at popular Birkdale Village bar

(Photo provided by Huntersville Fire) (Photo provided by Huntersville Fire)
(Photo provided by Huntersville Fire) (Photo provided by Huntersville Fire)
HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV) -

An employee at a popular wine bar was treated for injuries after a fire sparked at the bar Saturday afternoon.

Huntersville Fire was called to The Corkscrew Wine Shoppe along the 16900-block of Birkdale Commons Parkway around 2:45 p.m. to the report of an appliance fire. This is in Birkdale Village.

Fire crews said one employee was treated on scene for injuries from a fall. A manager at The Corkscrew said that everyone was okay and it was a small fire that sparked from a wine cooler.

The manager said the outside of the bar is still open for business and she expected the entire bar to be open by dinner after crews have had a chance to clean up.?

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly