(WBTV) - Harvest Smoothie and Sweet Potato and Almond Glazed Apple Stuffing
- 1 c almond milk
- 3 tbs. pumpkin
- ¼ apple
- 1 tbs. Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut or Seed Butters
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
Blend and enjoy!
Sweet Potato and Almond Glazed Apple Stuffing
- 2 large sweet potatoes, large cubes with skin
- 2 tbs. grapeseed, coconut, or canola oil
- 1 ½ cup chopped raw onions
- ½ c diced celery
- 2 c chopped apples
- 2 tbs. Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter
- ½ cup water
- 4 slices whole wheat or gluten free bread (2 cups toasted/crumbled)
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Preparation: Wash potatoes well and leave skin on. Dice in large chunks. Cover sweet potatoes in water bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender (20 min). Drain, mash potatoes in large bowl.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan on medium high, add onions, celery, salt and pepper. Cook stirring often for about 5 minutes.
Add apples,almond butter, water, and spices. Continue cooking and stirring for 3-4 minutes. Stir mixture and bread crumbs into sweet potatoes and add chicken broth.
Use as stuffing as is, or place in lightly oiled 9x9 baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.