Are you a procrastinator? There’s no shame in it! Sometimes, we work better under pressure. However, being a procrastinator can have negative effects on your bank account. By delaying and putting off important things, like car maintenance, your wallet may have to suffer. Our Charlotte Toyota Service technicians are sharing the top five ways to avoid costly auto repairs!
You may think that since your car is running fine, there’s no need to pay any attention to that maintenance light on your dash. Unfortunately, this is not the case. If it’s time for your car to visit our Charlotte Toyota Service Center, it’s important that you take care of it. If you delay routine car maintenance, you could seriously harm your car. These damages and issues can lead to pricey auto repairs in Charlotte! Avoid paying an arm and a leg by using these five tips from our Toyota Service Center in Charlotte:
1. Get a routine oil change. If your engine uses conventional oil, you should get a cheap oil change in Charlotte every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. As for synthetic oil users, an oil change is typically necessary every 6,000 to 8,000 miles. A routine oil change is crucial to keep the moving parts of your car’s engine running. Neglecting an oil change causes the oil to thicken and become gritty. Old oil can be detrimental to functionality of your car’s motor.
2. Check fluids regularly. Have the levels of fluids in your car inspected and topped off if necessary. Important fluids to check include brake fluid, washer fluid, coolant, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid.
3. Have tires rotated routinely. In addition to checking the tire pressure of each tire every month, you should get the tires rotated every 5,000 miles. This Charlotte auto service prevents uneven wear and extends the life of your car tires.
4. Wash your car. It may seem silly, but washing your car keeps the exterior in good condition. If the clear coat and paint become compromised, your car could succumb to rust. Rust spreads quickly and is hard to remove from a car.
5. Service your brakes. Inspection of the entire brake system is crucial. The brake pads, rotors, fluid, lines, and calipers must all be in excellent shape to keep your car running in tip-top shape.
At first, it may seem like not getting routine car maintenance will save you money; but on the contrary, this will actually cost you more in the long run. Putting off car maintenance will cost you a pretty penny, depending on the severity on the issues and damage done from neglect.
Don’t procrastinate on car maintenance! Bring your car into our Charlotte Toyota Service Center to get caught up. You’ll be able to enjoy comfortable seating, flat-screen televisions, free Wifi, and an in-house café!
To schedule an appointment for car maintenance at Toyota of N Charlotte, give us a call at (888) 378-1214!