CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - #30Tipsin30Days - Day 26: When in doubt, work out!
"I really regret that workout!" Said no one ever.
In all the years that I've been working out – I have never once regretted breaking a sweat. EVER.
Sometimes the hardest part is getting started. Like yesterday morning for example. My husband and I stayed up late Wednesday night watching the Cubs win the World Series (Go Cubbies!) and I knew that 7am alarm wasn't going to be pretty. But, I managed to drag my butt outta bed…right to the couch. (Hey, at least I was OUT of bed. That's always the kicker for me.) Anyway, I kept hitting snooze while laid out on our sectional until I remembered that I signed on for #NoDaysOffNovember.
30 days of working out. No rest days!
Now before you say that's crazy (and at first glance I can see how you might say that), I don't mean 30 days of killer workouts with my trainer, running sprints on the dreadmill (what I call the treadmill) and jumping rope until I drop. I mean 30 days of getting some time of physical activity. Some days I go hard – like my weekly boot camp with the #6amclub and others, I get in a 30 minute walk in and call it a day. I've even made a chart of my workouts for the month (yeah, I'm that girl). No seriously, writing down my goals helps me stay focused as I'm a visual learner and seeing that calendar in my living room every day this month will be the daily kick-in-the-pants that I need.
Needless to say – I got out of bed, into my workout clothes and went for a 4 mile walk. Bonus: witnessed a spectacular sunrise, burned more than 500 calories and got my 10,000 steps in for the day!
Now, I'm not saying you have to take on this sort of challenge to realize you never regret a workout. If you work out with any kind of consistency (even 3 times a week) – you already know this be true! So, the next time you're on the fence and the couch and Netflix is calling your name, at the very least, lace of your sneaks and take a walk around the block. I promise you won't be sorry.
Besides, the only workouts we regret are the ones we bail on.
P.S. Wish me luck with #NoDaysOffNovember!
- Day 1: http://tinyurl.com/jex5vuo
- Day 2: http://tinyurl.com/hvpqoxx
- Day 3: http://tinyurl.com/zcdoftc
- Day 4: http://tinyurl.com/hvzz7ze
- Day 5: http://tinyurl.com/zydoa3m
- Day 6: http://tinyurl.com/jrmzexn
- Day 7: http://tinyurl.com/jm5dnqf
- Day 8: http://tinyurl.com/jlhh863
- Day 9: http://tinyurl.com/gmc4nvf
- Day 10: http://tinyurl.com/zop2qyr
- Day 11: http://tinyurl.com/h3da9bs
- Day 12: http://tinyurl.com/h2bw5ea
- Day 13: http://tinyurl.com/zav7wru
- Day 14: http://tinyurl.com/hl5mz35
- Day 15: http://tinyurl.com/h36jpky
- Day 16: http://tinyurl.com/zrh7nwv
- Day 17: http://tinyurl.com/jtuxv59
- Day 18: http://tinyurl.com/glek4pn
- Day 19: http://tinyurl.com/zp7djct
- Day 20: http://tinyurl.com/gv8ov58
- Day 21: http://tinyurl.com/z5jf33s
- Day 22: http://tinyurl.com/zcz7mlp
- Day 23: http://tinyurl.com/hzsj7fj
- Day 24: http://tinyurl.com/h2h4fpb
- Day 25: http://tinyurl.com/hkc5k6b