CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - #Day24- #30Tipsin30Days – Feeling bloated? Drink up!
When you feel bloated, drinking water sounds as if it would only make matters worse, but it can often help. Particularly if you're on a high-fiber die, for instance. Your body needs more water to work more efficiently because when water mixes with water soluble fiber, it makes it into a gel like substance.
This affects the motility of the gut and reduces the symptom of bloating.
Getting enough water also relieves bloating caused by dehydration. When you're dehydrated, your body clings to the water your body does have, causing you to puff up. It's also key in seeing consistent weight loss as staying hydrated keeps everything moving, if you know what I mean. :)
I keep a 32 oz or 40 oz water bottle with me at all times and I try to drink at least 3 of those each day. And every time I drink water, I try to take at least five big swallows. That helps insure I get all of my water in each day as well.
However, if you're just starting out, go with what the experts recommend. At least 64 oz so if you get in two 32 oz water bottles, you're set!
And don't forget, #Day10's tip - http://tinyurl.com/zop2qyr as a reminder to stay hydrated, too.
So, drink up!
- Day 1: http://tinyurl.com/jex5vuo
- Day 2: http://tinyurl.com/hvpqoxx
- Day 3: http://tinyurl.com/zcdoftc
- Day 4: http://tinyurl.com/hvzz7ze
- Day 5: http://tinyurl.com/zydoa3m
- Day 6: http://tinyurl.com/jrmzexn
- Day 7: http://tinyurl.com/jm5dnqf
- Day 8: http://tinyurl.com/jlhh863
- Day 9: http://tinyurl.com/gmc4nvf
- Day 10: http://tinyurl.com/zop2qyr
- Day 11: http://tinyurl.com/h3da9bs
- Day 12: http://tinyurl.com/h2bw5ea
- Day 13: http://tinyurl.com/zav7wru
- Day 14: http://tinyurl.com/hl5mz35
- Day 15: http://tinyurl.com/h36jpky
- Day 16: http://tinyurl.com/zrh7nwv
- Day 17: http://tinyurl.com/jtuxv59
- Day 18: http://tinyurl.com/glek4pn
- Day 19: http://tinyurl.com/zp7djct
- Day 20: http://tinyurl.com/gv8ov58
- Day 21: http://tinyurl.com/z5jf33s
- Day 22: http://tinyurl.com/zcz7mlp
- Day 23: http://tinyurl.com/hzsj7fj
**Editor's Note: Please consult your doctor before starting any health and wellness plan.**