WEATHER: More warmth, more drought - | WBTV Charlotte

WEATHER: More warmth, more drought

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

The long term monthly climate predictions aren't looking very encouraging.

A weak front flew by us Thursday and 95% of you probably didn't notice. The other 5% hopefully got a much-needed shower. Sadly, that was our best rain chance for probably at least another week.

So expect tons of sunshine today and through the weekend with afternoon readings pushing into the upper 70s today and lower 80s - not far from records -  over the weekend. 

You'll want to dress for the warmth if you're headed out for the Panthers' return to Bank of America for Sunday's 1 p.m. kickoff. Beyond that, we're warm and dry through Halloween Monday and likely the midweek period as well.

Records: Sat 82/1984, Sun 84/1996

- Al Conklin 

Copyright 2016 WBTV. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly