CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - There are days when I don't want to eat clean. Instead, I want a brownie or wine or pancakes drenched in syrup. Days I don't want to work out – so I can sleep in and watch re-runs of Sex and The City. It happens more than I'd like to admit.
But on those days, in those moments – it's helps to remember "my why."
- Because I wanted to take control of my life. I used to eat my feelings; in fact, I’m a recovering emotional eater. Now instead of food – I work up a sweat to manage stress. I hit the pavement for a run, do a boot camp or dance it out like Beyonce.
- Because I recognize there will be days where I cave and have the brownie or bail on a workout; all the while recognizing that as long as those aren’t the MAJORITY of my days – then I’m good!
- Because it’s vital to my health. You only get one life, one body. Hypertension, stroke and diabetes all run in my family.
- Because being healthy and strong makes me feel unstoppable. I used to get winded going up a flight a stairs. Now I can run a 5K, survive my trainer’s crazy session and jump rope like a professional boxer!
- Because I’m no quitter. I didn’t come this far to turn back.
Because it's gave me my life back. And while the physical changes have been sublime – it's my rehabilitated self-esteem, self-love and self-respect that are most important.
So, when you're feeling tempted to quit – REMEMBER YOUR WHY.
All the previous #30tipsin30days:
- Day 1: http://tinyurl.com/jex5vuo
- Day 2: http://tinyurl.com/hvpqoxx
- Day 3: http://tinyurl.com/zcdoftc
- Day 4: http://tinyurl.com/hvzz7ze
- Day 5: http://tinyurl.com/zydoa3m
- Day 6: http://tinyurl.com/jrmzexn
- Day 7: http://tinyurl.com/jm5dnqfall
- Day 8: http://tinyurl.com/jlhh863
- Day 9: http://tinyurl.com/gmc4nvf
- Day 10: http://tinyurl.com/zop2qyr
- Day 11: http://tinyurl.com/h3da9bs
- Day 12: http://tinyurl.com/h2bw5ea