Debbie Hanks started Iva Jean's Fudge after she got an overwhelming response to her family's fudge recipe. Now the Waxhaw-based company has expanded to selling its confections online and through stores around Charlotte.
Hanks uses organic and locally- sourced products whenever possible.
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Half n Half
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Choice of outer coating
- Over medium heat melt the butter, sugar and milk. Bring to a rolling boil and add the Pumpkin puree and spice.
- Boil for 5 min. Stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla, white chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Pour into shallow dish and chill until solid.
- Roll spoon size scoops into little balls. Then roll into desired toppings to complete.
For outer coating options:
Keep Truffles in refrigerator until ready to serve.