Two women arrested in connection to Shelby officer Tim Brackeen' - | WBTV Charlotte

Two women arrested in connection to Shelby officer Tim Brackeen's death

Officer Tim Brackeen Officer Tim Brackeen
Irving Fenner Jr, who is accused of shooting Brackeen, is still wanted. Irving Fenner Jr, who is accused of shooting Brackeen, is still wanted.
WBTV interviewed Ashley Hamrick Monday night. WBTV interviewed Ashley Hamrick Monday night.

Sources confirm that two women have been arrested in connection to the fatal shooting of a Shelby police officer.

Deitra Morris was charged as an accessory Tuesday in connection to the shooting death of Officer Tim Brackeen. Ashley Hamrick, who WBTV interviewed Monday night, is charged with felony harboring an escapee. She is being held on a $100,000 bond.

"Irving Fenner, if you're watching this, you better turn yourself in because its not gonna end pretty. I'm behind Team Brackeen all the way - whether I've known you for years or not," Hamrick told WBTV Monday night. "Tim Brackeen was my family and I hope they nail you. I hope they throw you under a jail cell. I hope Bubba gets a real good taste of what you're like."

RELATED: Half-sister, three other women arrested, suspect in killing of Shelby officer still wanted

Irving Fenner Jr, who is accused of shooting Brackeen, is still wanted. 

Late Tuesday evening, police in Rhode Island raided a home reportedly searching for Fenner. His half sister, along with a woman in New York, were both arrested and also charged with aiding Fenner.

RELATED: Reward tops $25,000 in shooting death of Shelby police officer

Officer Brackeen was attempting to serve a warrant on 23-year-old Fenner in the area of Parkview Street early Saturday morning when Fenner allegedly shot Brackeen in the torso.

Cleveland County Sheriff's Office said Fenner was wanted for kidnapping, robbery with dangerous weapon, burglary, trespassing.

The Sheriff said the charges come from a case back in March when Fenner and three others allegedly broke into a home and stole belongings.
Police said the armed men held the people inside against their will.
The Sheriff's office said that the other three suspects were arrested in August but deputies were looking for Fenner.

“I’m glad to see they’re getting some leads and making some progress, so I hope they’ll find the person that they think did this,” said Shelby resident Didi Ledbetter.

Ledbetter was one of many Shelby residents still visiting a public memorial for Brackeen Tuesday night.

Shelby Police said Officer Brackeen encountered Fenner in a backyard early Saturday morning when he tried to serve those warrants.

Officials said Brackeen passed away Monday morning at Carolinas Medical Center, in Charlotte.

Sources told WBTV that Hamrick knew Fenner was wanted while she was harboring him.

During a press conference shortly after Brackeen's death, Ledford said he believes authorities are closing in on Fenner.

"Search is still on. We have teams out, even as we speak, trying to get this guy. We're optimistic we'll have him soon," Ledford said.

Fenner is no stranger to trouble. 

According to court records, three days after the alleged home invasion in March, Fenner was arrested for possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed gun. That case is still pending.

Last year September Highway Patrol pulled him over for a child not in a rear seat, and no operator's license. Those charges were dismissed.

In April 2013 Fenner was charged with simple assault. The case also dismissed. 

In June 2012, records show he was found guilty of second degree trespass. 

Also in June 2012 Shelby Police pulled Fenner over and charged him with no operator's license. He was found guilty. 

According to court documents, the officer who stopped Fenner that day was Tim Brackeen.

Four years later, Brackeen and Fenner would meet again in a backyard when Brackeen tried to serve a warrant. 
This time, the officer lost his life. Fenner is accused of taking it. 

RELATED: Sister of man accused of killing Shelby officer says her brother may be dead

Brackeen's body was escorted from Charlotte to a funeral home in Shelby Tuesday afternoon. The procession, which temporarily shut down part of Interstate 85 southbound, started just after 12:30 p.m. and ended around 2 p.m.

RELATED: Body of Shelby police officer escorted home from Charlotte

Brackeen's body was escorted from the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner's Office to the Cecil Burton Funeral Home in Shelby.

A GoFundMe page was set up for Brackeen. The page says "the funds raised will go to help Tim, Tim's wife, and daughter during their time of crisis."

Copyright 2016 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly