(WBTV) - Sure, the pictures look easy but are at home delivery services really as good (and easy) as they look?
Julia Simon from Nourish Charlotte is here to show you what they offer.
Even better, it's healthy! See how you can whip up healthy but yummy options for your family without so much work.
Quinoa-Cauliflower Fried Rice
This is a GREAT recipe to clean out the fridge with! Use any veggies you have on hand instead of or in addition to the peppers and mushrooms - chopped zucchini, broccoli florets, green beans, eggplant, you name it - it's all good here. Just add your cruciferous veggies first and cook in stages, making sure to get everything nice and soft before adding your cauliflower and quinoa.
- 2 tbl refined sesame oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, white, sliced thin
- 1 meidum carrot, peeled, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8oz mushrooms - oyster or shiitake preferred, chopped
- 1/4 cup tamari whisked with 1 tbl miso
- 4 cups “riced” cauliflower (see note)
- 2 cups dry quinoa, tricolor, cooked and cooled (should yeild 5-6c)
- 8oz tofu, fried, diced (or other protein of your choice, cooked)
- Large pinch black pepper
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped (optl)
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup edamame or peas, frozen
- 1 tbl toasted sesame oil
- Red pepper flakes (opt’l)
Heat sesame oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat until shimmering. Add onion, and carrot - toss to coat with oil and cook 2 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger, toss again. Add bell pepper, toss to coat with oil, and cook 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers have begun to soften. Add mushrooms and cook 4 minutes, then add tamari/miso blend, swirling around the edge of the wok.
Toss to coat veggies with sauce, then add cauliflower and quinoa, and toss again.
Cook mixture 4-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until hot. Stir in cilantro (if using), scallions, edamame, and toasted sesame oil, pepper flakes if using, taste for salt, and serve.
To rice cauliflower: de-stem and trim 1 head cauliflower into small florets, pulse in a food processor fitted with an s-blade in batches until rice texture is achieved.