(WBTV) - Basil and Garlic Grilled Chicken Breast & Balsamic Marinated South Carolina Peaches
Recipe by James Fox, Executive Chef of Best Impressions Caterers.
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Sprig, Fresh Basil Chopped
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic Minced
- 1 Lemon Zested and Juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Fresh South Carolina Peaches Halved
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Micro Basil (can use fine julienne basil leaves)
- Whisk together Basil, Garlic and Lemon in a shallow bowl. Add chicken and let marinate for 4 hours.
- Season well with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper and grill chicken over a medium heat until fully cooked, basting with marinade during the cooking process.
- In a sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour mixture over peaches and allow to marinate for 10-12 minutes. Remove peaches from mixture and set to the side. Return mixture to pan and gently warm. Whisk in cold butter until totally incorporated.
- Gently grill peaches cut side down for 3-4 minutes or till they begin to caramelize. Let cool and and cut each half into 4 pieces.
- Place chicken on serving plate, place cut grilled marinated peaches over the chicken. Top with balsamic butter sauce, and garnish with Micro Basil.