CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - French Macaroons
Recipe by Chef Crystal Broadbent - Pastry Chef at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
- Powdered Sugar - 375 grams
- Almond Flour - 375 grams
- Egg Whites - 150 grams
- Granulated Sugar - 375 grams
- Egg Whites - 130 grams
- Sift together the powdered sugar and almond flour. Add the first set of egg whites by hand until well combined.
- Heat granulated sugar with a small amount of water until it reaches 240 degrees Fahrenheit
- While the sugar is being heated, whip the second set of egg whites until medium peaks are formed
- Add the sugar syrup to the whipped egg whites slowly and whip until cooled slightly
- Fold the meringue into the almond mixture in two parts until just combined
- Using a piping bag with a round pastry tip pipe 2 inch macaroons onto a silpat line baking pan. Allow to dry for 30 minutes
- Bake at 310 degrees Fahrenheit for 11 minutes
- Fill macaroons with desired filling and enjoy!