(WBTV) - Recipe by Charlotte Culinary Expert, Heidi Billotto
- 12 local jalapenos, cut in half length wise, seeded and scraped clean (be sure the wear plastic gloves when you clean the peppers)
- 1 cup real cream cheese or make it local with Uno Alla Volta cottage cheese or Uno Alla Volta ricotta
- 1 cup shredded Ashe County Jack or Cheddar cheese (or for fun use 1 cup shredded Fading D Farm Water Buffalo cheese)
- 1 local egg
- Panko crumbs or coarse ground corn meal
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Clean peppers and arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet open side up.
- Combine your choice of cheeses with 1 egg and blend well.
- Stuff each of the jalapenos with some of cheese mixture. Top with panko crumbs or coarse corn meal.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool just a bit and garnish with minced cilantro leaves or local microgreens.