CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Neil Bratton of the Fish Market stopped by WBTV News Sunday Morning to prepare seared scallops over a sauté of roasted corn and okra, with smokey tomato jam and micro greens.
The recipe for the tomato jam is as follows:
- 2 heirloom tomatoes (softest ones you got)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt (kosher is best)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients and boil for 10 mins over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and put in a food processor.
- Mix until smooth.
- Cool and serve.