CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Simone Drake, the co-owner of Parla Pasta, is getting ready to feature her family-owned business that focuses on Italian Style Pasta at the upcoming Southern Women's Show. You can visit Simone at Booth 946 at Charlotte Women's Show, Aug. 26-28, for a taste of Parla!
Parla Pasta uses 100% real ingredients to produce premium pasta for over 30 years. Parla Pasta, offers ravioli varieties, like Portabella Mushroom and Chicken & Spinach, as well as tortellini and manicotti.
Parla Pasta is currently sold in the frozen section of Publix, Harris Teeter, The Fresh Market, and soon to be in Lowes Foods.
Find more great Parla recipes on our social sites:
Digital/Social: parlapasta.com; twitter.com/speakparla; facebook.com/parlapasta; Instagram.com/parlapasta
1 20 oz. Package Parla Asiago Tortellini
1 Cantaloupe, large (about 4 cups of fruit needed)
3 oz. thinly sliced Prosciutto-torn into small bites
4 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 TBS White Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP Honey
½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
¼ tsp Salt
1 TBS Fresh Basil-thinly sliced
1 TBSP Fresh Mint-thinly sliced
- Cook Tortellini according to package instructions. Drain. Drop into ice water bath to cool. Drain.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Either use a melon scooper OR cut fruit into bite size squares and place in a glass serving bowl.
- Add the tortellini to the serving bowl. Mix gently. Add the basil, mint and prosciutto and gently mix again.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad. Enjoy!