CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Family Farm Day is coming up on Saturday, August 13, 2016. It highlights the importance of local farms and fresh foods. On WBTV News Saturday Morning, we featured ingredients from Minerva Dairy.
You can learn more about Minerva Dairy by visiting their website.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1//4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup Minerva Dairy butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Add flour, ½ cup sugar, salt and baking powder to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add in milk and butter; stir to combine.
- Spread batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar and drizzle with vanilla flavoring.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Can serve plain or with ice cream.