CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Andrew and Melissa Rasumussen stopped by the WBTV studios on Sunday morning to talk Chicken Wings. They are part of a competitive BBQ team called the "The Smokehouse Mafia" and they are sponsored by Moore's Marinades and Sauces.
Beginning with just one product, Moore's Original Marinade, Moore's now offers three marinades and five sauces to its customers and are found throughout the nation in grocery stores, and mass retailers.
This summer season, Moore's Marinades & Sauces is donating 10¢ for every bottle purchased (up to $10,000) to Operation BBQ Relief (OBR). Visit their website for a list of participating retailers. OBR was founded in 2011 and is comprised of a Disaster Response Team made up of over 3,500 volunteers and competition BBQ teams. OBR is able to quickly mobilize its deployment teams to any area across the country where nature disrupts to provide hot BBQ meals, compassion, hope and friendship to those whose lives have been affected by disasters. To date, OBR has provided 703,698 meals to 18 states across the country.
In the WBTV Studio, Andrew Rasumussen walked through the steps in making the ultimate chicken wings, Classic Buffalo Wings and Zesty Garden Herb wings.
- First, you need to start with fresh wings.
- Take a sharp knife or a pair of cooking scissors and cut off the tip of the wing. You can discard this bit. The wing will have two parts, the drumette and the flat/wingette. Separate the two using your knife and scissors.
- Here’s where you make a choice: How do you want to cook your wings? Grill them, bake them, fry them – whatever you’re feeling that day.
- Once you pull the wings, toss them in the Classic Buffalo Wings in Moore’s Original Buffalo Wing Sauce. I sometimes like to mix things up and use the Creamy Ranch Buffalo or the Blue Cheese Buffalo sauce to add a unique, delicious flavor.
- When you pull the Zesty Garden Herb Wings off the grill, they are ready to serve!