CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Shonali Thomas, of SplenDishes Gourmet Foods, stopped by WBTV Saturday, August 3 to share her recipe for Blackberry Cobbler.
Blackberry Cobbler (Makes 4 ramekins)
- 3 cups Blackberries, plus extra few for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- ½ cup butter, softened (not melted)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together berries, coconut sugar, salt and butter in a bowl. Spoon into lightly greased 3" ramekins.
- Place ramekins on lined baking sheet.
- In another bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, almonds and salt. Should be the consistency to spread (not melted).
- On a lightly floured surface, take each puff pastry sheet and cut in half, diagonally. Set aside one half.
- Lightly roll out pastry sheet to approximately ¼" thickness.
- Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of butter/sugar mixture onto pastry. Fold pastry in half, creating another triangle. Spread more mixture onto pastry and fold again. Repeat process until you have a triangle big enough to fit on top of ramekin (about 3").
- Place pastry triangle on top of berries in ramekin and brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle tops of pastry with coconut sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and extra berries.