• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 tablespoons Kentucky Bourbon
• 1 cup toasted walnuts (toast in a 350° oven for 8-10 minutes)
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2.Beat the brown sugar, flour, salt, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and bourbon on low speed until smooth (you don't want foam). Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour the mixture a muffin tin lined with paper liners.
3. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the center is almost set (it will finish as it cools).
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
• 2/3 cup whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
• 6 ounces 60% cacao chocolate (suggested: Callebaut) chopped
• 2 tablespoons bourbon or rum
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and cream just starts to boil. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in bourbon and vanilla. If sauce is too thin, add a few more pieces of chocolate. If sauce is too thick, add a couple drops of heavy cream.
2. Serve immediately, or transfer to a heat safe, airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.