CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Investigators are searching the cell phone of a Charlotte man nearly ten months after the body of his neighbor and self-professed friend was found under a home.
Richard Allen Hable, 47, was reported missing on August 20, but according to reports had not been seen since May 2015. In September, officers found remains under Hable's home along the 7500-block of Bondhaven Drive.
Neighbors in the area say Hable was "an OK guy when he was on his meds, but when he didn't take them he would get into fights with neighbors."
While covering the story, neighbor Kenneth Wright talked to WBTV about Hable and the investigation.
He initially said he didn't believe the body found would be Hable's.
"No smell, no nothing and from what they said they dug for like four hours to get him out of the ground from up under his trailer," Wright said. "Somebody would have had to see something and I sit on my porch all the time."
Wright said he'd like to know who killed Hable and why.
"Nobody deserves to die, for no reason," Wright told WBTV. "No reason whatsoever should anybody be put to death, you know what I'm saying. It's my neighbor, it's my friend."
Tuesday, police investigators filed for a search warrant to look at Wright's cell phone. According to the warrant, investigators are looking for evidence in the case of Hable's murder.
According to the document, a detective in Mint Hill had gotten information from an anonymous source that Wright had been talking about Hable's murder in the past couple of months. According to the source, Wright showed them photos of the crime scene on his phone.
Witnesses told investigators they had seen Wright at the crime scene after the "presumed date of death" and before Hable's remains were found.
Wright was arrested June 28 on a probation violation. He is still being held in the Mecklenburg County Jail.
When he was arrested, his cell phone was seized and was held at the jail with his personal property.