CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Grilled Pimento Cheese & Bourbon Bacon Sandwiches
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, large grate
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, large grate
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pimentos, chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch SplenDishes Bourbon Bacon Salt
- 8 slices bourbon cured bacon, cooked (reserve the bacon grease)
- 4 soft rolls, sliced in half
To Make Pimento Cheese: Combine both cheeses, mayo, pimentos, cayenne pepper and Bourbon Bacon Salt. Add additional cayenne if you like it hot! Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 2 cups.
Heat grill pan on medium high heat.
Assemble sandwiches with pimento cheese and cooked bacon slices, then brush outer sides of sandwiches with reserved bacon grease (you can also use butter if you prefer).
Place in hot grill pan until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
Slice in quarters and serve.