Presented by Chef Pamela Roberts, Central Piedmont Community College/Culinary Arts
- Bib or green leaf Lettuce leaves 3-4 per serving
- Cooked Chicken breast
- Chopped water chestnuts
- Diced cucumber
- Sliced scallions
- Cooked Rice vermicelli noodles
- Cabbage slaw
- Sliced red peppers
- Chopped peanuts or toasted almonds to garnish
- Cooked shrimp, lobster, cooked pork or beef
- All vegetarian
Have all of the different ingredients in bowls to make assembly easy.
Lay a clean lettuce leaf on a clean plate. Add desired ingredients to the leaf, being mindful not to overfill the leaf. Fold the leaf from the bottom up, then tuck in the sides.
To eat, dip in sauces and eat like a burrito.
You can let guests make their own or wrap them for everyone. Either way, these rolls are delicious!
- ½ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup Rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame oil
Mix everything together and serve alongside of the rolls.