Forklift to blame for CO detection in Huntersville building, hos - | WBTV Charlotte

Forklift to blame for CO detection in Huntersville building, hospitalizing 3

HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV) -

Three people were taken to the hospital and nine others were evaluated after officials detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside a Huntersville building Monday afternoon.

The source of the carbon monoxide was a forklift, the Huntersville Fire Department determined.

The incident happened just before 12:30 p.m. a building in the 11500 block of Vanstory Drive, where fire officials worked to ventilate the structure.

Medic took three people to Novant Huntersville with minor injuries and evaluated nine others. 

By 1:40 p.m., Huntersville fire officials said the building was clear and safe.

Copyright 2015 WTBV. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly