Pumpkin Pie, Ginger Mascarpone Crème
Chef Heidi Kabath, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
9 ounces (2 sticks + 1 Tablespoon) Butter, unsalted
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 ½ cups Powdered sugar
½ cup Almond flour
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
2 each Whole eggs
3 ½ cups Cake flour, sifted
* In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and salt.
* Add the vanilla and continue to mix.
* Add the powdered sugar and mix until incorporated and smooth, scraping the bowl when necessary.
* Add the eggs, one at a time, along with ½ cup of the cake flour.
* Scrape the bowl and add the remaining ingredients, mixing just enough to incorporate the ingredients.
* Remove the dough from the bowl and roll between 2 pieces of parchment paper until ¼ inch thick.
* Transfer the dough to a sheet pan and allow to chill in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
* Cut circles from the dough that fit the bottom of the ring mold.
* Using a fork, pierce the dough several times.
* Bake at 350F for 8 minutes until the edges are just starting to turn brown.
* Place the baked circles inside the ring molds. Line the sides with parchment paper.
* Set aside until filling is made.
1 can (15 ounces) Pumpkin puree
2 each Whole eggs
¾ cups Brown sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
½ teaspoon Ginger, ground
½ teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
¼ teaspoon Clove, ground
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup Heavy cream
* Whisk together all ingredients except the heavy cream until smooth.
* Whisk in the cream until completely incorporated.
* Pour the filling over the baked crust until 1-inch high.
* Bake at 350F until set, about 30 minutes.
* Remove parchment paper when cool and top with ginger mascarpone crème.
Ginger mascarpone crème
¼ cup Whole milk
½ inch Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 ½ Tablespoons Granulated sugar
2 each Gelatin sheets
¼ cup Mascarpone
1 ½ cups Heavy cream
* Bring the whole milk and ginger to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let infuse for 20 minutes.
* Soak the gelatin sheets in ice water until pliable.
* Remove the ginger, pressing out excess liquid, and return the milk to a boil. Whisk in the sugar and gelatin sheets until dissolved.
* In a deep container, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, and milk mixture.
* Using a stick blender, combine the ingredients until smooth.
* Allow the mixture to cool at least 1 hour.
* In a standing mixer, whip the cream until peaks form.
* Garnish pumpkin pie with crème.
Copyright 2015 WBTV. All Rights Reserved.
The shooting happened just after 8:30 p.m. on Catherine Simmons Avenue, which is off of Beatties Ford Road near Lasalle Street.More >>
The woman said she was just a couple blocks away from her home in the Brandon Ridge neighborhood when the incident happened.More >>
The woman said she was just a couple blocks away from her home in the Brandon Ridge neighborhood when the incident happened. ?More >>
According to the sheriff, deputies were attempting to make a traffic stop when the driver sped away. The driver crashed a short time later on Mike Drive off Camp Road.More >>
North Carolina Republican leaders say they were prepared to agree to a proposal from the governor on House Bill 2, but he now denies that a proposal exists.More >>
The proposed plan is to turn Druid Hills Academy into a middle school and return some K-8 schools back to elementary schools. The community had 67 people vote to keep Druid Hills Academy the way it is.More >>