Saturday morning, WBTV News interviewed local food blogger, Chrissie Nelson of :"Off the Eaten Path."
She talked about GMOs and why people should be aware of what they put in their bodies.
She also shared two great GMO-free recipes!
Here they are:
Veggie Egg Bites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray.
3. Chop up spinach leaves, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes to desired size.
4. Place the vegetables in each muffin cup until about ¾ full.
5. Pour eggs over the vegetables until full.
6. Sprinkle black pepper on top.
7. Cook for 25 minutes.
Baked Egg in an Avocado
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice avocado in half.
3. Scoop out pit to create hole for the egg.
4. Place avocado in a small baking cup. Line with tinfoil for minimal clean-up.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!