Father of burned toddler: 'My beautiful baby will never be the s - | WBTV Charlotte

Father of burned toddler: 'My beautiful baby will never be the same'

(Belinda Carr | Facebook) (Belinda Carr | Facebook)
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A family is asking for prayers after a toddler and grandmother were seriously burned in an explosive fire at a north Charlotte home late Tuesday afternoon. 

Belinda Carr, the grandmother, told a family member there was a gas can under a fire pit. The can reportedly exploded after the burning trash fire was lit at a home in the 9500 block of White Aspen Place just after 4 p.m. 

Thirteen-month-old Emily Hinton was seriously burned in the fire and was flown to Carolinas Medical Center, according to officials. Carr was also taken to the hospital and the two were later moved to the burn unit at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston Salem. It is unclear how close the two were to the fire.

Emily's father, Andy Hinton, posted this on Facebook following the incident: 

"We just talked to doctor and they said if she pulls through she will need multiple surgeries throughout her life... we are having a really rough time wrapping our minds around all this... be thankful for what you have everyday because it can be taken away in a blink... my beautiful baby will never be the same.. but I will take her however i can get her and love her like she has never been loved.. please pray for our family... thanks to everyone for their support."

Neighbors said they hear a "loud boom," but didn't realize it was an explosion until emergency crews arrived at the scene.

Police say initial indications point to this being an accident and not the result of foul play. 

Amy Hinton is Emily's mother. Wednesday, the nursing supervisor said Carr was in stable condition in the emergency room. Emily's condition has not been released. 

Debra Davidson, claiming to be related to Emily and Carr, sent an email to WBTV with a link to a GoFundMe page for the family. You can view it here

"Emily is facing months of Hospitalization and a life time of surgeries. She is in the Chapel Hill Hospital in Winston-Salem. Her Grandmother Belinda Was severly burned on both arms trying to save her granddaughter. Please Let help this Family," a post on the GoFundMe page says.

Previous articles: Baby severely burned after gas can explodes near burning trash

Copyright 2015 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly