CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - There are still plenty of hot days ahead when sun beats down through the car windows and heats up the inside of your vehicle to sometimes unbearable temperatures.
Greg Leftwich of Honest-1 Auto Care stopped by WBTV News Sunday Morning to talk about some of the ways you can make the most of your AC and keep your car at a manageable temperature on the inside. His advice follows:
1. Park in a shady location - parking in the sun heats up the inside of your car which causes your AC to need to operate longer and use more energy to reach an optimal temperature
2. Clean your cabin air filters regularly - clogged and dirty filters can block air flow into your vehicle
3. Use a reflective windshield glass to reduce solar heat transmission to the car's interior
4. Use the AC's max or recirculate settings instead of constantly cooling outside air
5. Turn off AC shortly before you arrive at your destination, but leave the fan on. It will still blow cool air and conserve energy.