Partake in Southern Cuisine at Thelma’s Down Home Cooking. Chef Thelma Luckey stopped by WBTV News Saturday Morning to share some of her signature dishes, including Macaroni and Cheese, Dipped Chicken and Banana Pudding.
Thelma was kind enough to share her Macaroni and Cheese recipe with us, the others, she says, are her own secret recipe.
* 1 lb box of macaroni noodles
* 1 Lg can of evaporated milk
* 3 cups of whole milk
* 4 eggs
* 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
* Salt/pepper to taste
1. Cook macaroni until tender; drain. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of whole milk, salt/pepper and, 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
3. Mix remainder of whole milk, evaporated milk, and eggs together; set aside.
4. Pour half of macaroni mixture into casserole dish.
5. Add half of cheese on top of macaroni dish.
6. Add remainder of macaroni mixture evenly on top.
7. Pour eggs/milk mixture over top of casserole.
8. Add remainder of cheese.