Partake in Southern Cuisine at Thelma’s Down Home Cooking. Chef Thelma Luckey stopped by WBTV News Saturday Morning to share some of her signature dishes, including Macaroni and Cheese, Dipped Chicken and Banana Pudding.
Thelma was kind enough to share her Macaroni and Cheese recipe with us, the others, she says, are her own secret recipe.
For more information on the restaurant, click here.
* 1 lb box of macaroni noodles
* 1 Lg can of evaporated milk
* 3 cups of whole milk
* 4 eggs
* 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
* Salt/pepper to taste
1. Cook macaroni until tender; drain. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of whole milk, salt/pepper and, 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
3. Mix remainder of whole milk, evaporated milk, and eggs together; set aside.
4. Pour half of macaroni mixture into casserole dish.
5. Add half of cheese on top of macaroni dish.
6. Add remainder of macaroni mixture evenly on top.
7. Pour eggs/milk mixture over top of casserole.
8. Add remainder of cheese.
9. Bake at 350-375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Thursday, July 27 2017 5:56 PM EDT2017-07-27 21:56:24 GMT
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will be asked to run on designed plays less often in 2017 – but that doesn’t mean he won’t run when the opportunity presents itself. (Jeff Siner | The Charlotte Observer)
Newton showed more self-awareness Thursday than he’s displayed at times in the past, especially when he discussed not over-doing it in his return from shoulder surgery.