Presented by Chef Ashley Easterling, Owner/Operator, The Green Bunny LLC
• 2 cups vegetable oil
• 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
• In a large bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs and shredded coconut; set aside.
• Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge shrimp in the flour, dip into the eggs, then dredge in the coconut mixture, pressing to coat.
• Working in batches, add shrimp to the skillet oven and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
• Serve immediately with sauce, if desired.
Marmalade Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 dash salt
To Make the Dipping Sauce: Combine all marmalade dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.