Three people escape Charlotte house fire thanks to smoke detecto - | WBTV Charlotte

Three people escape Charlotte house fire thanks to smoke detector

(WBTV) (WBTV)
(WBTV) (WBTV)
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Three people escaped a house fire thanks to the smoke detector inside their northeast Charlotte home, according to fire officials.

The fire reportedly started around 3 a.m. Sunday morning on Chrudan Drive, which is not far from Mallard Creek Church Road.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they say they saw flames shooting out of the top of the house. It took 28 firefighters, 10 minutes to get the fire under control.

Fire investigators believe the blaze started in the back of the house by a discharged cigarette. Fortunately, no one was injured.

The Red Cross is assisting a family of three that was displaced

Copyright 2015 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly