BLOG: Speed Street brings out a wide variety of sports fans - | WBTV Charlotte

BLOG: Speed Street brings out a wide variety of sports fans

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

WBTV is always happy to take part in the racing festivities this time of year by hosting a booth at Speed Street (which started yesterday and runs through Saturday night) in Uptown Charlotte.

What I always look forward to at Speed Street is meeting the sports fans and realizing how much people love talking about the teams they love.

For instance Dale Earnhardt Jr. gets his fair share of spotlight through lip service, t-shirt service, or hat service.

GOOOOO DAAAALE!

Amazingly enough, I still meet a lot of Atlanta Braves fans out there! And no, it's not just because I'm an Atlanta Braves fan that I'm saying that.

I really do see a lot of hats with the letter "A" on them. And to clarify which “A”they support, the Atlanta Braves "A" is about 95% of what I see, the Alabama Crimson Tide take the other 5 percent.

I even met a Clover Blue Eagles fan today. He goes to school there and is rooting on his girl's softball team. In case you did not know, they play for the South Carolina 4-A Championship against Summerville tonight in Columbia. It's a decisive game three.

Somebody please buy me a hat with an “E” on it.

GO EAGLES!

D-Man

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Mint Hill neighbors say fire hydrants needed after massive blaze

    Mint Hill neighbors say fire hydrants needed after massive blaze

    Saturday, March 25 2017 11:43 PM EDT2017-03-26 03:43:02 GMT
    (Christian Flores | WBTV)(Christian Flores | WBTV)

    After a Mint Hill family is now without a home after a massive fire Friday night, neighbors said the damage to the home could have been minimized, if one of their long-time concerns had been addressed. Neighbors told WBTV there are no fire hydrants in their neighborhood. The fire happened around 8 Friday night, at a home on Saffir Court. According to fire officials at the scene, the closest fire hydrant was almost a mile away. "We watched them set up the portab...

    More >>

    After a Mint Hill family is now without a home after a massive fire Friday night, neighbors said the damage to the home could have been minimized, if one of their long-time concerns had been addressed. Neighbors told WBTV there are no fire hydrants in their neighborhood. The fire happened around 8 Friday night, at a home on Saffir Court. According to fire officials at the scene, the closest fire hydrant was almost a mile away. "We watched them set up the portab...

    More >>
  • Two people killed in crash on I-77 SB in Chester County

    Two people killed in crash on I-77 SB in Chester County

    Saturday, March 25 2017 5:50 PM EDT2017-03-25 21:50:45 GMT
    (Jordan Sawyers | WBTV)(Jordan Sawyers | WBTV)

    The wreck happened on I-77 southbound at mile marker 68.

    More >>

    The wreck happened on I-77 southbound at mile marker 68.

    More >>
  • Molly's Kids: 15-year-old now living with pediatric MS

    Molly's Kids: 15-year-old now living with pediatric MS

    Saturday, March 25 2017 6:49 PM EDT2017-03-25 22:49:09 GMT

    Sarah is a sophomore who makes straight A’s at McDowell Early College. She is from the small town of Dysartsville and was diagnosed with pediatric multiple sclerosis in July of last year.

    More >>

    Sarah is a sophomore who makes straight A’s at McDowell Early College. She is from the small town of Dysartsville and was diagnosed with pediatric multiple sclerosis in July of last year.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly