Ernie's Smokehouse BBQ stopped by the WBTV studios to share their recipe for Jalapeno Slaw.
- Use any cooked BBQ meat (pork, beef, lamb) or poultry you like. It should be chopped, shredded, or pulled ready to go for the filling.
- On the side have your favorite BBQ or any thicker sauce (versus a vinegar NC pork sauce).
- Roll out puff pastry, phyllo, or even pizza dough. I am using pizza dough for this one. After rolling it out cut into triangles or half-moon shapes large enough that you'll be able to put the meat in and fold over. Put a small amount of BBQ sauce on the dough, place a heaping tablespoon of the meat on the dough, top with a little sauce, cover with dough, and seal the edges.
- Pre-heat the grill to the temperature appropriate for the dough. For this one I am using pizza dough. Use a pizza stone and place it on the grill heating on >500 degrees for at least 10 minutes. I prefer a porcelain stone over ceramic as they hold heat better and are more durable.
- Sprinkle a small amount of corn meal on the stone, then put the pork roll on, close the lid, and grill until golden brown. Depending on your grill that could be 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of BBQ sauce or your favorite sauce for dipping.