April being Parkinson's Awareness Month, Diane Bobbitt, Right at Home Franchisee, stopped by WBTV News Sunday Morning to go over to go over tips and warning signs viewers can look for the early stages of Parkinson's.
Four Main Motor Symptoms of PD:
· Shaking or tremor at rest.
· Slowness of movement, called bradykinesia.
· Stiffness or rigidity of the arms, legs or trunk.
· Trouble with balance and falls, also called postural instability. Postural instability usually appears later with disease progression and may not be present with initial diagnosis.
How Right at Home Can Help With Parkinson's Support
· Nutrition and Meal Planning. A healthy diet is essential for those with Parkinson's disease to help strengthen muscles and bones. Also, the National Parkinson Foundation offers these concerns regarding the nutritional needs of someone living with Parkinson's.
· Personal Supervision and Home Safety. Parkinson's disease often causes an unsteady gait, resulting in trips and falls. Get started now on safeguarding the home.
· Daily Mobility. Some people with Parkinson's disease need extra help with the activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, eating and using the bathroom. Our skilled caregivers are sensitive to the slowed pace the neuromuscular disorder presents, and we respect privacy and the need for a normal routine.
· Exercise For people with Parkinson's disease, exercise is vital to maintaining balance, mobility and strength. Our home caregivers can assist with stretching, walking and other light exercise programs.
· Transportation. Driving can be difficult or restricted for Parkinson's patients. Right at Home provides rides to appointments, therapy and other destinations. Our transport assistance also relieves family members from taking time off work.
· Family caregiver relief. Caring for someone with Parkinson's disease can be physically demanding and emotionally exhausting. We provide respite care for family caregivers and peace of mind for everyone involved in the care network.
Founded in 1995, Right at Home offers in-home companionship and personal care and assistance to seniors and disabled adults who want to continue to live independently. For more information on Right at Home, visit About Right at Home by clicking here.
The data, according to the study (which you can read here), appeared to show that ambulance usage rates had declined by at least 7 percent in those markets.More >>
Airports across the country have been affected by the power outage, as Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta is the world's busiest airport.More >>
According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, the incident shut down two lanes of outbound Independence Boulevard near Albemarle Road. Police say drivers can take Monroe Road as an alternate route.More >>
Wednesday have been declared a First Alert Day, as the models are putting down a solid, soaking rain here, likely in the one to two inch range.More >>
The message usually says when you send one gift in the mail, expect to get at least 6 gifts, even up to 36 gifts, back to you in return.More >>