Making any plans for the weekend? Charlotte Motor Speedway is hosting the popular AutoFair again, and that will bring lots of different activities to the area.
The world's largest automotive extravaganza returns to Charlotte Motor Speedway this Thursday through Sunday, bringing with it the personal vehicles of NASCAR stars, high-flying stunts, lawn mower racing, a collector car auction, pristine automobiles from more than 50 clubs and so much more!
Below are the top 10 activities the entire family can enjoy at AutoFair.
1. NASCAR Stars Personal Cars: NASCAR fans won't want to miss the personal vehicles on some of the sports' biggest stars. Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer, Joey Logano,David Ragan and Ben Kennedy are among the owners of the dozen automobiles that will grace the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion.
Highlighting the display is Earnhardt Jr.'s 2001 Chevrolet Corvette C5-R. This yellow masterpiece is a street version of the car he and his father, Dale Earnhardt Sr., drove together at the 2001 Grand American Road Racing Series Rolex 24 at Daytona. The wing on the car is the actual wing that came off of the No. 3 GM Goodwrench/Corvette Racing team's backup car.
2. Going Back to the Future: It's the 30th anniversary of the blockbuster movie "Back to the Future" and AutoFair is celebrating with a display featuring the iconic time-traveling DeLorean with all the working parts. Great Scott! Enthusiasts can also see a monster truck DeLorean and a limo DeLorean. The DeLorean monster truck features the body of a DeLorean on a 1979 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4x4 chassis. The DeLorean limo is still a work in progress, but offers six gullwing doors, custom fabricated stainless steel panels, and utilizes parts from several wrecked DeLorean cars.
3. High-Flying Stunts and Lawn Mower Racing: Catch the high-jumping action of the XPogo Stunt team during one of six shows on Friday and Saturday. Three members of the professional team will be on hand, showcasing their talents, tricks and pogo jumping skills. The XPogo team currently holds 13 Guinness World Records, has performed in over 17 countries, and has appeared in numerous TV shows, movies and commercials. The shows are set to take place outside of the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion.
Back for the third consecutive year, the sod slingers of the U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Series will take over the speedway's 1/5-mile for some dirt racing that fans won't want to miss on Saturday and Sunday. More than 120 mowers in 11 different classes are set to race on the specially designed track.
Kids can also enjoy face-painting, bounce houses and other games and entertainment in the Play Zone, located by the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion.
4. Speedway Brunch Burger: Whetting the palettes of both breakfast and lunch lovers alike, the Speedway Brunch Burger, stacked high with delicious ingredients, is the latest fun fair food to come from the innovative minds at Levy Restaurants. This nearly 1,200-calorie masterpiece is a fresh-made quarter-pound cheeseburger topped with hash browns, more American cheese, two slices of crispy bacon, an egg over-easy, hot maple syrup drizzle and served on two thick slices of French toast. Priced at only $10, fans can grab a Brunch Burger at the Levy Restaurants concession stand located by the infield media center.
5. Celebrate 100 Years with Dodge: The speedway is celebrating 100 Years of Dodge with a special display in the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion featuring vehicles from every decade the manufacturer has been in production, including a replica 1969 "General Lee" Dodge Charger and a 1923 Dodge/Graham Bros. truck. Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship crew chief Ray Evernham is contributing to the display with a 1951 Power Wagon and 1996 Viper.
Separate from the Dodges, Evernham will also feature three vehicles from his hit Velocity television show "AmeriCarna": a 1948 GMC Cabover Race Hauler, the 1977 replica Ford Pinto modified race car of Richie Evans and a 1960s replica Jerry Cook modified race car.
6. Modern Muscle Display: Located inside the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion will be five of the most powerful cars ever produced, including a yet-to-be-released 2016 Shelby GT350R Ford Mustang. Also set to appear will be a 2015 Mustang GT, a 2015 Corvette Z06, a 2014 Camaro Z/28 and a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
7. Nationwide Display and Manufactures' Midway: Showcase Pavilion sponsor, Nationwide, will have a massive display set up in the Manufactures' Midway. While there, fans can see Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 88 Nationwide Chevy SS, test their driving skills with a No. 88 Nationwide Chevy SS simulator, enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card, spin the prize wheel for an opportunity to win giveaway prizes and learn more about classic car insurance.
The Manufacturers' Midway,located within and just outside the Sprint Cup Series Garage, will feature over 50 different companies from car care to insurance to parts and accessories. You can find anything you need for your vehicle in the midway.
8. Classic Car Auction and Car Corral: Auto enthusiasts looking to add to their car collection can head over to the classic car auction hosted by Dealer Auctions Inc. Newly located at the Champions Pavilion in the infield, more than 100 vehicles will roll across the auction block, including a 1968 428 Cobra Jet Mustang, 1990 Ferrari Testarossa, 1969 Camaro Pro Touring Coupe, 1967 Ford Fairlane GT and more.
In addition to the car auction, there will be more than 1,500 vehicles of all makes and models available in the Car Corral encircling the 1.5-mile superspeedway.
9. Car Clubs: Nearly 50 car clubs will be on hand in the infield on Saturday and Sunday, featuring some of the best in both collector cars and modern vehicles. Some of the participating clubs include Fifth Generation Camaros, East Coast Cruisers, Metrolina Corvettes, Mustang Addicts and Southeastern GM Toyz.
10. Swap Meet: One person's junk is another's treasure, and 7,000 vendor spaces, located both inside and outside the speedway, will offer an extraordinary array of automotive parts and memorabilia.
Hours for the April 9-12 AutoFair are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday. Ticket prices are $11 (including tax) per day for adults and children 13 and under are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Fans who buy three tickets get the fourth day free. Parking for the event is $5. For more information on the four-day event, contact the speedway events department at (704) 455-3205 or visit our website.
To purchase tickets, call the Charlotte Motor Speedway ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267), or visit our website.