Food left on stove leads to fire that destroys home - | WBTV Charlotte

Food left on stove leads to fire that destroys home

Fire investigators will often tell you that food left on a stove is one of the most common causes of house fires.  On Monday afternoon that situation played out again, and this time resulted in heavy damage to one home.

Fire broke out at a home located at 244 Tabor Drive at around 2:20 on Monday afternoon.  The home is located near Hawkinstown Road in the Belle Meade subdivision.

Robert Tabor, Jr., and his six year old daughter were not hurt, but were displaced because of the fire.

Tabor Jr., had left food cooking on the stove when he walked outside to speak with another family member.  Moments later smoke started rolling from the home.

The American Red Cross is helping the Tabor family.

Powered by Frankly