STANLEY, N.C. (WBTV) - A man is dead after his home caught on fire Thursday morning.
Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 40300 block of NC 740 Highway after the call came in at 3:07 a.m.
When firefighters arrived, they say the fire has spread through the home. The blaze was brought under control in three and a half hours.
The body of Mitchell Dean Richardson was found inside the home.
According to the Stanley County Fire Marshall's Office, Richardson was the only one at home at the time of the fire.
Officials say the cause of the fire was ruled accidental and say the fire started by an electrical space heater being too close to combustible material.