CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Stacey Ann from Gypsy Soup stopped by WBTV News Sunday Morning to inspire us with a recipe for St. Patrick's Day!
Traditionally, the Irish diet is plain, simple foods; potato, cabbage, fish and stews. Dessert is where the magic happens! Stacey's hands on cooking class provides you with all the necessary ingredients to create your own Mudslide Pie.
Bailey's Irish Cream Mud Pie
~ Cookie Crust ~
16 ounces of chocolate cookies
5 Tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
~ Cake ~
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
6 oz. baking chocolate ¼ cup of coffee, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla 6 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
½ cup flour
~ Filling ~
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
6 ounces baking chocolate
¼ cup Bailey's Irish Cream
½ cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
2 cups warm milk
4 egg yolks
1. Cookie Crust: crush cookies, add butter, press into a greased spring form pan.
2. Bake about 8 minutes, let cool.
3. Cake: In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate.
4. Add vanilla and coffee,remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
5. One egg yolk at a time, stir into sauce pan.
6. Pour into a large bowl, stir in flour.
7. Use electric beater, whip egg whites , slowly add sugar to make stiff peaks.
8. Fold whites into batter.
9. Pour into Cookie Crust, Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool completely.
10. Filling: In a medium sauce pan, add ingredients in order, heat and stir as each ingredient is added. This will become thick, increase heat to boil for 3 minutes.
11. Pour into cooled cake, let set 3 hours