Okey Dokey fire determined to be accidental - | WBTV Charlotte

Okey Dokey fire determined to be accidental

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -

An electrical problem in wiring just above the ceiling led to a fire that heavily damaged a landmark in downtown Salisbury.

Investigators with the Salisbury Fire Department determined the cause of the fire that damaged the Okey Dokey & Company store on E. Innes Street on Wednesday afternoon. 

A problem with wiring in a space above the ceiling and just below the second story floor is what sparked the fire, according to investigators.  The three alarm fire led to the closure of the 100 block of E. Innes Street for more than fourteen hours as firefighters took care of the fire and kept watch overnight.

The business is one of Salisbury's most well known, both as Okey Dokey & Company, and under the former name of O O Rufty's General Store.

Powered by Frankly