CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - There are six easy ways to make sure you stick to your New Year's Resolutions for 2015. Lifestyle expert and blogger Lisa Frame visited WBTV News Saturday Morning to offer up her advice for staying with your plan. Her tips follow:
Step Aside, Butter
· As viewers begin to tackle their New Year's resolutions to eat healthier, they should consider replacing artery-clogging butter with an all star healthy ingredient… coconut oil! The latest trend to hit the nutrition world, coconut oil remains in a convenient liquid form that can be used for cooking, sauteing and baking. This liquid coconut oil from Carrington Farms is available in 3 flavors – Original flavorless and odorless, Rosemary and Garlic. www.carringtonfarms.com
Replace Fattening Mayo with a Low-Cal Condiment
· True foodies know that all mustards are not created equal - the mustard inside this iconic yellow tin is not your average yellow ballpark mustard, but a dry powder with a fiery kick! Established in 1814, Colman's Mustard of Norwich has been recognized widely as the iconic English mustard in the U.K. With just 10 calories per serving, you can start off the new year creating healthy recipes that not only are good for you, but taste great as well.
Amp Up Your Workout
· Celsius is a beverage backed by multiple clinical studies that is proven to burn up to 100 calories and more per serving, boosts metabolism, reduces body fat, increases endurance and provides healthy energy. This is a beverage that can meet a wide variety of goals for those looking to lose weight or maintain their fitness regimen, Celsius is the perfect fitness tool to help accelerate your New Year New You transformation. Naturally refreshing Celsius contains no sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial ingredients. www.celsius.com
Prepare for an Easy Clean Up
· The COOKINA Cuisine is an innovative product that creates a nonstick, easy-to-clean and healthy cooking & baking experience. Ideal for using as an alternative to aluminum foil, parchment and wax paper, users can place the cooking sheet on a baking tray or pan to bake recipes without having to use oil of needing to clean the tray and oven afterwards. Available at cookina.co for $12.99.
Steam those Veggies!
· Steam big with the IMUSA Tamale and Seafood Steamer from the GlobalKitchen Mexico product line. This aluminum vessel with steamer insert adds a new twist to cookware staples. Users can steam up anything and everything from seafood and vegetable. Available at Target.com 16 quart is $34.99
Make Room for a Healthy Dessert
· All ice cream lovers must try this healthier new and delicious dairy-free ice cream created by Malcolm Stogo, one of the world's leading ice cream experts. A dairy-free dessert unlike any other, DF MAVENSproducts provide a treat that everyone can enjoy – vegans, lactose intolerant, and anyone who just loves eating ice cream. Since the dessert is entirely plant based, it's a much better alternative to traditional milk-based, full fat varieties.