CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Chef Chris Morris from McCormick and Schmick's offers these two recipes to sweeten your holiday celebrations.
McCormick & Schmick's Recipe Chocolate Bag Dessert
1 each Chocolate Bag
3 scoops White Chocolate Mousse
3 each Blackberries
6 each Strawberry Halves
8 each Blueberries
1 oz.Raspberryy Sauce
To Dust Powdered Sugar
1 scoop Whipped Cream
1 each Strawberries
1 each Mint Sprig
1. Pool raspberry sauce in the center of the plate.
2. Center the chocolate bag in the sauce.
3. Fill the bag with 3 scoops of mousse.
4. Place fresh berries on top of mousse.
5. Dust powdered sugar over the dessert.
6. Garnish with whipped cream, strawberries and mint sprig
McCormick & Schmick's Recipe White Chocolate Mousse Dessert
½ Serving 1 Serving
2-1/2 lbs 5 lbs White Chocolate Chunks
7 each 14 each Gelatin Sheets
2 cups 1 quart Cold Water
2 cups 1 quart Heavy Cream (for direction #3)
2 quarts 4 quarts Heavy Cream (for direction #6)
2 quarts ¼ cup Vanilla Extract
1. Slowly melt white chocolate over a double boiler, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula. Once chocolate has melted, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
2. In a small mixing bowl, bloom the gelatin in the cold water. Gelatin will be soft when ready.
3. In a small sauce pan, heat 1 quart of heavy cream over medium heat, stirring with a rubber spatula. Set aside when cream is heated thoroughly.
4. Drain the water from the gelatin. Pick the gelatin up and squeeze the excess water off. Add the gelatin to the warm heavy cream and stir until blended.
5. Add the gelatin mix to the chocolate. Stir well using a whisk. Mix until incorporated and set aside.
6. In a mixer, add 4 quarts of heavy cream and whip to form small peaks. Add vanilla extract and whisk until incorporated.
7. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and transfer to serving plate.