Low Country Shrimp and Grits
1 roasted red bell pepper
1 roasted green bell pepper
1 red onion cut into strips and sauteed
1 link andouille sausage cut into discs
16 tiger shark shrimp (size 26/30)
White wine (preferably chardonnay)
1. Roast the bell peppers by placing on open flame or on a grill. Remove from heat and twist in plastic wrap causing them to sweat. Remove the skins of the peppers and cut into strips set aside for later.
2. Over hi heat in a frying pan add the sausage and render out the fat.
3. Add peppers, onions and shrimp.
4. Sautee until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add seasoning to liking.
5. Deglaze with white wine and cook the wine down making a sauce.
6. Serve over grits and enjoy.