Off-roading is a thrilling activity, as drivers get to take their vehicle off the beaten path and go on exciting adventures. To go off-roading, however, you must have a ride with the right capabilities. You can find exactly what you need with the N Charlotte Toyota 4Runner. This new Toyota SUV is a road-warrior, but it's built for more than just the streets! It's made durable, so it can take on any obstacle on and off the road.
Before you go off-roading, it's important that you know your vehicle and its limits. Although the Toyota 4Runner in N Charlotte is rough and tough, it can't do everything – no car can! Our Toyota dealership in N Charlotte is sharing a few factors you should check if you want to stay safe while going on off-roading adventures!
- First, you should know the ground clearance of your N Charlotte Toyota SUV. This is the amount of space between the ground and the underbody. You can end up scraping and damaging the underside of your vehicles if you're not careful with this! The ground clearance for the 2014 Toyota 4Runner is 9 inches.
- You also want the find out the approach and departure angles of this new Toyota SUV before clearing steep hills. This is the angle at which you can approach and depart a hill without damaging the front or back of your vehicle. The N Charlotte Toyota 4Runner has an approach angle of 30 degrees and a departure angle of 26 degrees.
- Don't forget to also pay attention to the break-over angle of the Toyota 4Runner. This is the angle from the car tire to the underbody. Ignoring the break-over angle can land you at the top of a hill with no wheels on the ground! You can find this information in your owner's manual.
Along its rugged build and amazing power, the 2014 Toyota 4Runner in N Charlotte is the perfect SUV to take off-roading because of the incredible features it offers! It has everything you could need available to you, including:
- Four-wheel drive, which can help keep traction no matter what the circumstances
- Locking rear differential, which gives power to the rear wheels when they start to lose traction to keep you in control
- Multi-terrain Select, which lets you choose from multiple different terrain settings to optimize performance and maximize traction
- Crawl Control, which automatically controls the throttle and brakes at low speeds to help you negotiate uncertain terrain